Chapter 14 - Polygons – R S Aggarwal Solutions for class 8
Basic terms and formulas to be used in this chapter:
1) Curve: A plane figure formed by joining a number of points with the help of pencil without lifting it.
2) Open curve: A curve that does not end at the starting point.
3) Closed curve: A curve that starts and ends at the same point.
4) Polygon: It is a simple closed curve which is made up of only line segments. There are two types of polygons
(a) Concave polygon: A polygon in which at least one angle is more than 180?
(b) Convex polygon: A polygon in which each angle is less than 180?
5) Regular polygon: A polygon in which sides and angles are equal.
6) Irregular polygon: Polygons which are not regular are known as irregular polygons.
For a regular polygon of n side